The purpose of this course is to equip middle and senior managers in the public service risk management environment with the necessary knowledge and skills to enable them to apply risk identification and assessment in a public service entity.
This course is aimed at middle and senior managers in the public sector risk management environment and also at any public service official tasked with risk management responsibilities, whether directly or indirectly. This includes members of oversight committees or staff members with assurance functions.
Minimum Requirements for Enrolment
It is recommended that learners attending this course should possess the following:
- Communication at NQF level 4;
- Mathematical literacy at NQF level 4;
- Introduction to the PSRMF;
- Working knowledge of the PSRMF;
- Awareness of the legislative environment within which public entities operate and
- Understanding of the general service imperative.
A learner credited with this unit standard should be able to:
- Understand the elements constituting the PSRMF;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and process of risk identification;
- Appraise the elements and process of risk assessment;
- Apply the rating scales of likelihood and consequence to obtain the risk rating; • Document evidence and results of risk identification and assessment activities.
The course is non-credit bearing. After successful completion of the summative assessment, the learner will receive a Certificate of Successful Completion.
|Unit Standard ID||Code||NQF Level||Credits|
The course consists of five (5) days facilitated training with summative assessments on day three (3) and five (5). Formative assessments will be conducted during classroom sessions to assess understanding of the knowledge gained.
This course is presented over five (5) working days.