To develop the required knowledge, skills and values of public sector Supply Chain Management practitioners to understand and apply the principles and processes of Demand Management. Learners acquiring this unit standard will understand the role and importance of Demand Management within the SCM system and perform a variety of activities to ensure that organisational needs are correctly identified and that procurement takes place according to structured procurement plan.
The course is aimed at all officials who are Supply Chain Management Practitioners, Senior Managers, Managers, Accounting Officers and End Users who operate in cross functional teams.
Minimum Requirements for Enrolment
- Learners should ideally have at least Communication NQF Level 4 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand and apply the relevant legislation that governs demand management in the Public Sector.
- Conduct needs analysis to support the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop, manage and implement a procurement plan.
- Compile specifications and/or terms of reference and evaluation criteria.
This credit-bearing course is aligned to Unit standard “377901”. Perform demand management activities for public sector supply chain management. Pitched at NQF Level 5 with 7 credits.
Learners complete a formative assessment. At the end of the contact session they complete a summative assessment in the form of a portfolio of evidence.
This course is presented over three 3 working days.