The purpose of the course is to enhance the learner’s behavioural competencies to act as a people-focused Human Resource Practitioner and Managers within the Public Service.
This course is aimed at people working in the Public Service domain as Human Resource Practitioners and Managers, as well as line managers with a Human Resource responsibility.
Minimum Requirements for Enrolment
This course is written with the assumption that learners enrolling for this course are in possession of a post-matric Certificate and/or relevant work experience in Human Resources.
In preparation for the course learners are required to complete the following actions, prior to attendance of the course.
Action 1: Pre-attendance Activity: Learners are required to complete the Pre-attendance Activity as part of their preparation for the course. The Pre-attendance Activity will sent (e-mailed) to accepted learners two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
Action 2: Questions: Learners are required to bring their questions and challenges around Human Resource Behavioural Competencies with them to the course as this will assist in relating new knowledge and skills to the workplace.
NOTE: Learners must notify their supervisor/manager in order for him/her to support you on this journey. In so doing they will be able to successfully complete this course and take the learning back to their workplace. To this end the availability of time, resources and an enabling environment will benefit both learners and their department.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain the competencies (including values and principles) required of the Human Resource Practitioners and Managers in the Public Service;
- Make a personal commitment to have a positive impact as Human Resource Practitioner/ Manager in the Public Service;
- Deal with others in a way that supports the principles of Batho Pele and Cadreship; and
- Display professional conduct as required from a Human Resource Practitioner and Manager in the Public Service.
This is a non-credit bearing course. After successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
|Unit Standard ID||Code||NQF Level||Credits|
The course follows an integrated assessment approach comprising:
- Pre-course Assignment,
- Formative Assessment activities which include workplace based activities to apply knowledge and skills gained during the course, and
- No Post Course Assignments / Assessments are required.
This course is presented over three (3) working days.