To develop the required knowledge, skills and values of public sector Supply Chain Management practitioners to understand and apply the principles and processes of Supply Chain Management
Junior & Middle managers that operate in a Supply Chain Management environment in the public service.
Minimum Requirements for Enrollment
Learners should ideally have at least Communication NQF Level 4 and Mathematical Literacy NQF Level 4 or equivalent qualification.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe the elements of a world class Supply Chain Management system.
- Understand the evolution and importance of SCM systems in the Public Sector.
- Explain and apply legislation relating to SCM, in particular the application of PPPFA.
- Describe guidelines and principles that enable the operation of sound SCM.
- Achieve customer-service standards cost effectively through SCM optimization.
This programme is aligned to SAQA Unit Standard: 119345 NQF Level 5 and has a total of 15 credits.
At the end of the contact session learners complete a summative assessment in the form of a portfolio of evidence.
This course is presented over five (5) working days.