eLearning refers to the use of technology to select, design, deliver, administer, facilitate and support learning. The term eLearning covers a wide set of applications and processes, including computer based learning, web-based learning and mobile learning.
- Training needs can be identified and recorded through online questionnaires and/or surveys.
- Participants, especially at remote sites, have anytime, anywhere access to training opportunities.
- Participants have access to standardized training opportunities.
- The time required to travel, as well as the time to schedule training events for multiple participants are reduced.
- Participants can take courses at their convenience, which are relevant to their specific needs without being away from the work place.
- Training can be rolled out quickly to a large number of participants.
- Regular assessment with immediate feedback is possible by means of machine marked assessment opportunities.
- Online collaboration can facilitate the sharing of information, resources and knowledge for sustainable development, irrespective of time and space.
- Participation in training can easily be checked and participant progress can be monitored.
- Tracking and reporting mechanisms provide feedback, which can be used to continuously improve training interventions.
Call: (+27) 012 441 6824
Dr Guillaume Kruger (Director: eLearning) : email@example.com
Call: (+27) 012 441 6000
Training contact centre:
Call: (+27) 012 441 6777
General facsimile: Call: (+27) 012 441 6030