To enable stakeholders to implement and apply the PILIR in the Public Service. The course will address the management of absenteeism, ill-health and incapacity, thereby ensuring sustained service delivery and improved productivity in the Public Service.
The course is aimed at:
- Members of the senior management services;
- Supervisors and line managers;
- Human resource practitioners;
- Labour relations officers; and
- Health and wellness practitioners.
Minimum Requirements for Enrollment
Learners must notify their supervisor/manager in order for him/her to support them on this journey. In so doing they will be able to successfully complete this course and take the learning back to their workplace. To this end the availability of time, resources and an enabling environment will benefit both learners and their department.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand the Policy Framework underpinning PILIR;
- Apply the processes and procedures for the management of incapacity leave and ill-health retirements in the Public Service;
- Apply the processes and procedures for the management of temporary incapacity leave and ill-health retirements in the Public Service.
This is a non-credit bearing course. After successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
|Unit Standard ID||Code||NQF Level||Credits|
The assessment approach is formative. During the course of learning the learner will be expected to complete class activities, which include individual and group-work.
This course is presented over three (3) working days.