To provide Human Resource Development (HRD) Managers and Practitioners with the required knowledge and skills to compile Annual HRD Implementation Plans for their departments. The desired end result is to improve the capacity and capability of departmental HR/HRD components, which will in turn lead to improved service delivery to the citizenry of our country.
This course is intended specifically for learners in senior and middle management in the Public Service who are involved in the development of Annual HRD Implementation Plans. It will be especially useful to skills development facilitators, training managers and human resource development practitioners.
Minimum Requirements for Enrolment
It is assumed that the learner has the following knowledge and skills:
- Communication at NQF Level 4 (Matric or National Senior Certificate);
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4 (Matric or National Senior Certificate).
In preparation for the course learners are required to complete the following actions, prior to attendance of the course.
Action 1: Essential Reading: Learners are required to read through the Pre-attendance Readings. A Resource CD which contains the Pre-attendance Readings will be distributed to accepted learners two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the course. The information contained in these documents will form the basis of your learning throughout the course.
Action 2: Pre-attendance Activity: Learners are required to complete the Pre-attendance Activity as part of their preparation for the course. The Pre-attendance Readings and Activity guide will be distributed to accepted learners two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
NOTE: Learners must notify their supervisor/manager in order for him/her to support you on this journey. In so doing they will be able to successfully complete this course and take the learning back to their workplace. To this end the availability of time, resources and an enabling environment will benefit both learners and their department.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain the role of a strategic plan in the achievement of an organisation`s mandate;
- Explain the role of a strategic human resource plan in enabling an organization to reach its deliverables;
- Discuss the importance of integrated human resource planning;
- Develop a human resource intervention to meet changing or emerging needs;
- Conduct an analysis to identify and define the skills requirements of the organisation;
- Analyse current skills and develop skills profile of the organisation;
- Define training and development needs and establish priorities; and
- Develop a training and development plan.
This course is accredited and aligned to SAQA Unit Standard ID 259143, NQF level 6, titled “Demonstrate knowledge and insight into the relationship between strategic human resource planning and an organisation’s strategic planning” Credits: 4 and Unit Standard ID 15217, NQF 5, titled “Develop an organisational training and development plan” Credits: 6. A Certificate of Competence will be issued upon successful completion of the course, including the summative assessment.
|Unit Standard ID||Code||NQF Level||Credits|
|15217||Demonstrate knowledge and insight into the relationship between strategic human resource planning and an organisation’s strategic planning||5||6|
The course follows integrated assessments approach, comprising:
- Pre-attendance Reading and Activity;
- Practical work-based assignment – The work-based assignment constitutes a number of workplace activities, which will allow the participant to apply knowledge and skills gained in the workplace; and
- Summative Assessment: The work-based assignment should be packaged in the form of a Portfolio of Evidence. A qualified assessor will assess the Portfolio of Evidence.
The Portfolio of Evidence will then be verified by an internal and external moderator. Participants have six (6) weeks to complete the workplace assignment and submit a Portfolio of Evidence.
This course is presented over five (5) working days.