Course Code: WO202
The purpose of this workshop is to promote ethical behaviour in the Public Sector, to prevent unethical conduct, fraud and corruption, and to support ethics and integrity management and anti-corruption. The Constitution requires a high standard of professional ethics in the Public Sector. This means that Public Administration must be governed by the democratic values and principles as well as the standards for professional ethics enshrined in the Constitution. Challenges arise when public officials experience ethical dilemmas. Ethical conduct and organisational integrity are key to eradicate fraud and corruption in the public service. It is therefore imperative to implement a programme that will equip public officials with the skills and competencies to make ethical decisions, to develop organisational integrity, prevent fraud and combat corruption in the Public Sector.
The course is aimed at Ethics Officers as well as Public Sector officials in related functions in senior, middle and junior management positions.
Upon completion of the workshop you should be able to understand ethics management in an anti-corruption context in the Public Sector as it relates to the Public Sector Integrity Management Framework.
The workshop will assist you to:
- Explain the mandate for ethics management in the Public Sector.
- Explain and use the concepts related to ethics management appropriately in the Public Sector context.
- Interpret various approaches to ethics management in an anti-corruption context.
- Ascertain the standards for ethics management and what these standards entail.
- Describe the required infrastructure for ethics management in the Public Sector.
- Appraise various processes of ethics management in the Public Sector.
- Evaluate requirements for monitoring, assessment and reporting on ethics and anti-corruption in the Public Sector.
This programme is non-credit bearing. After successful completion of the workshop, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
There is no formal assessment, but a consolidation exercise at the end of the workshop will enable learners to apply what they have learnt.
This workshop is presented over 1 or 2 working days depending on your needs.