To understand Inventory Management techniques, importance of inventory management, how to correctly account for inventory, how to manage assets held in inventory, inventory management policies and procedures.The Unit Standard will equip government practitioners with skills in inventory management which will help them maximise the use of resources and improve service delivery.
The Inventory Management Course (IMC) is intended for practitioners in national and provincial government departments and public entities who are involved in day to day inventory management functions or policy decision-making and strategic planning regarding inventory management.
Minimum Requirements for Enrolment
- Communication at NQF Level 4 and
- Mathematical literacy on NQF Level 5.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of inventory management and its role in the public sector.
- Explain and calculate values for inventory for financial reporting.
- Evaluate and apply budget and planning processes and methods for inventory management.
- Evaluate and apply inventory management techniques.
- Evaluate and apply inventory management policies and procedures.
This is a credit bearing course and is aligned to unit standard “377894”. Apply the principles of inventory management in the public sector. Pitched at NQF Level 5 with 12 credits.
A summative assessment must be completed to test your knowledge and skills acquired related to the specific outcomes and assessment criteria specified for this course. This assessment will be done through a Post Course Assignment. If you successfully complete the assessment, you will receive 12 credits against the unit standard number 377894 registered as “Apply the principles of inventory management in the public sector” at NQF Level 5.
The course is presented over three (3) days.