Attendance of this course will enable the learner to demonstrate an understanding of labour relations issues. It will also allow the learner to facilitate fair and equitable adjustments and implementation of the various labour related acts.
This course is aimed at line managers on a middle and senior level, as well as Human Resource and Labour Relations Practitioners within the 3 spheres of Government.
Minimum Requirements for Enrolment
It is assumed that the learner has the following knowledge and skills:
- Mathematical literacy at NQF level 4; and
- Communication at NQF level 4.
- The course enables learners to:
- Understand the purpose, primary objects, application and interpretation of the Act;
- Identify the bodies created by the Labour Relations Act;
- Identify and distinguish the relevant stakeholders covered by the Act;
- Explore the various categories of dismissal disputes covered by the Act;
- Describe appropriate dispute resolution route for dismissal disputes;
- Identify disputes referred to as unfair labour practice disputes; and
- Understand the various codes of good practice and schedules.
This is a credit-bearing course aligned to the SAQA Unit Standard indicated in the table below. After successful completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Competence.
|Unit Standard Title
The course follows an integrated assessment approach, comprising:
- Formative assessment;
- Post-contact activity and summative assessment; and
- Workplace practice.
This course is presented over five (5) working days.